- Customer Vault Secure Remote Data Storage Service from SaleManager
The Customer Vault™ service provides Encrypted Remote Storage of Customer Payment Information. The Customer Vault was designed specifically for businesses of any size to address concerns about handling customer payment information. Customer Vault simplifies your PCI DSS compliance.
The Customer Vault allows merchants to transmit their payment information for remote storage in Planetauthorizes' Level 1 PCI certified data facility. Once the customer record has been securely transmitted to the Customer Vault, the merchant can then initiate transactions remotely without having to access credit card or electronic check information directly. This process is accomplished without the merchant storing the customer's payment information in their local database or payment application.
The Customer Vault is an ideal tool for businesses that need to securely save customer data and provide convenience for their customers.
- Who should use the Customer Vault service?
• Process Recurring Transactions - Merchants who bill their customers different amounts or on different days each month. (e.g. gym memberships)
• Process Usage Charges - Merchants who bill their customers only when the service is used. (e.g. pay-as-you-go cell phones)
• Simplify PCI Compliance - Merchants who are concerned with PCI compliance and protecting your customers’ confidential information
• Store Customer Data - Merchants who want to provide returning customers with the convenience of not having to re-enter their personal data every time they visit your Web site
• rovide Payment Flexibility - Your customers can store multiple payment methods for repeat purchases
• Save Multiple Shipping Locations - Your customers can also save multiple shipping locations
- How Customer Vault Works
Your Web site integrates to Customer Vault by using the Planetauthorize Application Programming Interface (API). Through the API, you can create, view, update and delete customer profiles that include billing, payment and shipping information. When a transaction is processed using the API, a customer profile is created and stored on our secure servers. You may retrieve your customer information using a secure token.
Note: Integrating the Customer Vault™ API requires the expertise of a Web developer. The Customer Vault™ API integration information can be accessed from the Planetauthroize API. Your Web developer will be able to assist you with integrating the API to any proprietary systems you may be using, setting up customer accounts with user names and passwords, or designing other means for matching a returning customer to their stored profile.